Ag Innovations for Small Farms
Randolph Farm will be open to the public for this exciting opportunity to learn about the latest trends, research, and proven techniques designed especially to help small, limited resource, urban and beginning farmers. USDA representatives will be on hand to explain how their agency resources can offer services and support for a wide variety of operations. This event is FREE and includes a light breakfast and boxed lunch. Registration required. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLhXI4Eo0Lz6EpRfN84M6wiIZZv89I...
June 15 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
VSU Randolph Farm
4415 River Road • Petersburg, VA
• USDA Resources for farm financing, risk management, advocacy and outreach, accepting SNAP EBT cards, and more
• Rain Simulator demonstration from USDA Department of Natural Resources and Conservation
• Mobile Processing Unit, courtesy of Delaware State University Cooperative Extension
• Urban agriculture site demonstration
• Berry production, management and marketing
• New equipment, tools and technology demonstrations
• Introduction to aquaculture practices and production
• Hops research and production
• High tunnel growing practices and specialty crops
• Guided hikes on the new nature trail at Randolph Farm
For more information, contact the Small Farm Outreach Program Office at (804) 524-5626.