Bank Card Policy changes Sept. 1, 2015
PCI Compliance is not an Option
The Payment Card Industry (PCI) has implemented rules to ensure your credit card information is not easily available to others. Any business that handles credit cards must comply with these rules by September 1, 2015. If you pay your electric bill by credit card, you will need to use one of the following methods:
- You will not need to change anything if currently participating in the recurring monthly credit card program.
- Use SmartHub, (available mid-July) our new online account management tool, to register your account. This program replaces E-bill but current users of E-bill will not need to re-register. Visit our homepage at www.pgec.coop for more information.
- Pay Now at www.pgec.coop (also available mid-July), is an option if you prefer not to register your account. However, you will be missing many of the additional account management tools that SmartHub offers!
- Use SmartHub to register for recurring monthly payments using your VISA or MasterCard.
- Pay through SecurePay by calling 804-834-2424, option #2 and using your phone # or account # to access your account.
- Credit card payments will continue to be accepted in either of our offices: 7103 General Mahone Hwy., Waverly, VA 23890 or 5718 Courthouse Rd., Prince George, VA 23875.
Please note that PGEC accepts MasterCard and VISA credit cards in any of the above methods. Debit cards are also accepted.