If you have the desire to provide an extraordinary level of member services and are looking for a caring, competent working environment then you are in the right place! Prince George Electric Cooperative provides challenges, opportunities and growth. For additional information contact Debbie Grein, Human Resources Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Systems Administrator
Seeking qualified IT Systems Administrator who will be involved in all areas of technology at the cooperative including end user support, network and systems support as well as new technology planning and installation.
Duties and responsibilities
The duties listed are not exhaustive with exact duties being determined by the employee’s skill level and experience.
- Responsible for providing timely and friendly end user support for issues of varying complexity (desktop/network/production applications, network, telecommunications, and hardware).
- Independently resolve problems of easy to moderate scope. Provide and document solutions to problems via proven diagnostic techniques.
- Assist with PC deployment including PC imaging and customization.
- Own the responsibility for maintenance, update/upgrade and monitoring of corporate network with Cisco Firepower.
- Ability to modify and update Firewall to meet the organizational requirements.
- Have a good understanding of the Cybersecurity/Cyber awareness initiatives to implement across organizational platforms.
- Ability to support fiber network implementing CALIX Management System is required.
- Ability to own and drive the assigned projects to completion with measurable results.
- Deploy and/or maintain LANs, WANs, DMZs, and wireless networks, including routers, firewalls, WAPs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Ensure integrity and availability of Cooperative’s information assets by maintaining business continuity plans that include backups and disaster recovery.
- Support multiple complex commercial off-the-shelf packages and cloud services used throughout the organization.
- Support network security elements including firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detections systems.
- Ensure successful backups and replication to disaster recovery center.
- Work with VP of IT and functional team leads in the successful implementation of new technologies and assigned project initiatives.
- Assist in the monitoring and troubleshooting of the broadband subsidiaries network and end user connectivity issues.
- Participation in cooperative strategy and initiatives.
- Experience with Cisco network equipment including Cisco FMC, VMware virtualization, Pure storage, Cisco UCS servers, Veeam backup, VOIP phones, Office 365, IDS/IPS technologies and ManageEngine is required.
- Cisco and Microsoft Certifications are a plus.
- Associates Degree or higher in Information Technology desired.
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
Generally working in an office environment but work in outside conditions such as power substations may be required as well. Will be required to be available after hours and weekends in emergency situations.
Regularly lift and carry up to 20 pounds and infrequently required to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds.
Applications are available online at www.pgec.coop or at our offices located at 7103 General Mahone Hwy., Waverly, VA and 5718 Courthouse Road, Prince George, VA.
Submit the job application by 3:00 p.m. on January 25th, 2019 to Debbie Grein Human Resource Specialist P.O. Box 168, Waverly, VA 23890 or email to email@example.com. Applications will be taken thereafter until the position is filled.
“Prince George Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity provider and employer”